How was your weekend? I didn’t do very much, saw some friends and then napped a lot. They’re doing something to the fields outside my house and it’s giving me some really intense hay fever – headaches, itchy eyes, sneezing, wheezing. Hopefully, it will be over soon.
Anyway, today’s post is the Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award! I was so happy to be nominated for this by Being Flawsome. Thank you so much for thinking of me and if you don’t read already follow her then I recommend it so much. She does great lifestyle and beauty content which satisfies my makeup addiction.
1. Thank the person who have nominated you and provide a link back to his/her blog.
2. Answer their questions.
3. Nominate up to 9 other bloggers and ask them 5 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees through their blog by visiting and commenting on their blog.
5. List the rules and display the “Ideal Inspiration Blogger Award” logo.
6. Provide the link of the Award creator of ideal inspiration blogger award as Rising Star from https://idealinspiration.
1. What are your goals with your blog?
I’ve said this a couple of times now that I never went into this blog with goals. I merely needed an outlet to rant about my bookish things and by some miracle people actually like what I say. My most recent goal was to hit 500 followers and I was so proud when I hit that. My new goal is to just keep up with this schedule of every weekday but it’s pretty tough. I’ve not missed a post since April and i hope that doesn’t change.
2. How do you look after your mental health?
By doing the things I love. Whether it’s reading, writing, singing or just watching TV – I find that doing the things I love really helps me stay in a good mood. Also understanding it’s okay to want to be alone, and that I don’t need to spend all my time around other people to be happy. I have really come to love just being alone and just spending time with myself and my thoughts.
3. What’s your favourite movie?
Princess Bride. Hands down, my favourite movie of all time. It is a complete classic. So funny, and it has everything you could need in a movie. Some of my other favourites are: singing in the rain, Da Vinci Code: Angels and Demons and Dial M for Murder.
4. Who is your favourite blogger?
This is super hard because I don’t really have a favourite. My tastes are constantly changing, so some months I like more lifestyle blogs, sometimes I like book blogs more and then sometimes I just like some film/tv review blogs. It really changes so often.
5. If you could learn a new language what would it be?
I really want to learn French. I spent a lot of time in the south of France as a kid and my french was actually pretty good, but it’s since gone very very very down hill so I would love to have it back.
I’m also trying to learn Japanese because I wanted to challenge myself with the learning a language that uses a different kind of alphabet/lettering system. I’m currently learning Hiragana which while definitely complicated is actually very ingenious and satisfying as to how it makes up words.
Questions for Them:
- What inspires you to blog?
- If you could move to any country for one year where would you go?
- Have you picked up any new hobbies during quarantine?
- What do you prefer, movies or TV?
- What is your star sign and do you think it’s accurate?
That’s all for today’s post. A big thanks again to Being Flawsome for nominating me. I hope you all enjoyed this post. I hope you have a good day and I will see you again tomorrow with another post ❤