Happy Hogmanay! It’s been a very tough year and everyone is ready for 2021. I still had a very productive year this year because I had so much extra time at home and my blogging and my reading really benefitted from that. I did a post similar to this half-way through the year to track my progress on my goals and I was on target but let’s see how if that’s changed.
All of these are just reading goals as I didn’t make any blogging related goals this year, but I am going to change that for 2021. But anyway, let’s just jump into what is basically a wrap up of the year!
Also here is my Goodreads Year in Books page if you are interested in those details.
My Yearly Goals:
- Read 48 Books – 74/48! I am ecstatic with this number. I don’t think I have ever read this much in one year so I am very proud.
- 10 of which I Previously Owned – 6/10! Sadly, I got on a Netgalley binge this year so I didn’t read many books that I owned before this year so I didn’t hit my goal. I think I will renew this next year because I really want to try and clear my bookshelf.
I think this is generally a pretty good spread of star ratings with 3.5 stars being my average rating. It’s not as high in previous years but because I read so much more than usual I think that’s why my average is lower than usual.
Jan – 3
Feb – 3
Mar – 4
Apr – 2
May – 5
Jun – 9
Jul – 0
Aug – 5
Sept – 16
Oct – 12
Nov – 12
Dec – 3
I had a pretty usual and tame start to the year and then after August I just went a little crazy and I read crazy amounts. I don’t think I have ever read as much in one month as I did in September, so I am super proud with that.
Romance – 44
Mystery – 10
Spy – 4
English Literature – 24
Fantasy – 2
Erotica – 16
There was a lot of overlap in the genres so I just put them in multiple if it fit. Basically all of them – accept my pre-assigned Uni reads – had romance in them because I mean…it’s me we’re talking about haha. I thought I had read more fantasy this year but I clearly have only been in the mood for Romance.
Jan – 879
Feb – 1048
Mar – 672
Apr – 585
May – 1537
Jun – 2021
Jul – 0
Aug – 1248
Sept – 2323
Oct – 2791
Nov – 2983
Dec – 772
I only started tracking the number of pages I read each month this year. There is something amazingly satisfying seeing all the numbers pile up! It’s fun to see that even though I read the most books in September, November was the month I read the most pages just because of the lengths of the book.
Age Ranges Read:
Adult – 38
New Adult – 22
Young Adult – 14
This is definitely one that is distorted by my Uni reading since if I had it my way I probably wouldn’t read as many adult aimed books but maybe I’m wrong because I definitely expanded my romance reading into adult aimed books which is new for me but definitely a good thing.
Favourite Book From Each Month:
- January – Technically, You Started It by Lana Wood Johnson (Reviewed)
- February – I don’t have one for this month – ALL the Uni reads sucked haha
- March – The Island of Doctor Moreau by H.G Wells
- April – Shaken (Struck #3) by Joss Stirling (Reviewed)
- May – Man Crush Monday by Kirsty Moseley (Reviewed)
- June – Scorched (Struck #4) by Joss Stirling (Reviewed)
- Jul – I didn’t read any books that month
- August – The Scam List by Kurt Dinan (Reviewed)
- September – Stand-In Saturday by Kirsty Moseley (Reviewed)
The First Time We Met by Jo Lovatt (Reviewed)
- October – Soothsayer by Kathryn Amurra (Reviewed)
- November – Enemies & Lovers by Christine Zolendz (Reviewed)
- December – Murder at the Dolphin Hotel by Helena Dixon (Reviewed)
My Favourite Blog Posts From Each Month:
- Jan – My Favourite Blogging Moments 2019
- Feb – Don’t have a favourite as I only posted 3 times oops haha
- Mar – Let’s Get Chatting #5
- Apr – Tips for New Bloggers
- May – Book Spine Poetry #3
- Jun – Half-way through the year Round-up
- Jul – 3 Year Blogiversary
- Aug – Books in my Amazon Basket + 1000 Followers
- Sept – Tips on balancing uni and blogging
- Oct – Tips for Writer’s Block
- Nov – What I Posted Then vs Now
- Dec – Top 5 Bullet Journal Spreads of 2020
So that’s the breakdown of my year in reading! I cannot thank you all enough for making such a crappy year that little bit better here in my blog. The support I have gotten this year is beyond anything I ever could have dreamed of and I hope to keep on improving in the new year for you all! I hope you enjoyed this and all of my posts this year! Let’s hope for good things in the new year! Have a great Hogmanay and I will see you tomorrow in 2021!